1. This website is issued by Starfish Greathearts Foundation
2. Please read the terms and conditions of use (the "Terms")
carefully before using this website. Your use of this website
constitutes acceptance of the Terms and the relevant privacy
policy. If you do not agree to the Terms, you must not
use this website and should exit it immediately.
Information about Starfish
3. Starfish is registered as a charity with the Charity
Commission (1093862) and is a company limited by guarantee (company
no. 4528018 Starfish's registered office is at 2 Gresham
Street, London, EC2V 7QP.
4. You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes and
in a manner which does not infringe the rights of Starfish or any
third party (including, without limitation, any Starfish sponsor or
sponsored children) or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of
this website by any third party.
5. You may not knowingly transmit any data, or send or upload
any material, to this website that contains viruses, Trojan horses,
worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other
harmful program or computer code designed to adversely affect the
operation of any computer software or hardware.
6. If you breach the Terms, your permission to use this
website terminates immediately. Where Starfish determines, in
its sole discretion, that a breach of the Terms has occurred,
Starfish may take such action as it deems appropriate, including,
but not limited to:
6.1 initiating legal proceedings against you for
reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis resulting from the
6.2 claiming damages from you;
6.3. instituting criminal proceedings against you; and
6.4 preventing you accessing this website,
such reliance on the above remedies shall be without limitation to
any other rights which Starfish may have in law.
7. Starfish does not guarantee:
7.1 that this website's facilities and functions will be free
from error or uninterrupted;
7.2 that the content on this website is accurate or
7.3 that this website or the server that makes it available
to you are free of viruses or bugs; or
7.4 that defects will be corrected.
8. Starfish does not accept liability for incorrect content or
errors and omissions in this website or its content (whether of
legal, typographical, technical or other nature) and will not be
liable for any data lost or any equipment or software replaced by
you as a result of you using this website.
9. The content on this website is provided for general
information purposes only. If expert assistance is required,
the services of a competent professional should be sought.
10. Starfish makes no representations about the suitability,
reliability, timeliness, comprehensiveness and accuracy of the
information, services and other content contained on this
11. The use of any information contained on this website is at
your own risk and neither Starfish nor its affiliates or agents
accept liability for the use of and/or reliance upon any
information of this website, nor shall they be liable in any manner
for any direct, incidental, special, consequential, indirect or
punitive damages that result from the use of or reliance upon or
the inability to use, the information contained on this website or
the information in any websites or pages linked to this
12. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit Starfish's
liability for death or personal injury resulting from its
negligence; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other
liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law
and paragraph 11 shall be construed accordingly.
13. This website may contain links to other websites solely
for your convenience. No responsibility is taken by for the
contents contained on such links. Listing of a company,
service, organisation or product on this website does not in any
way imply endorsement.
14. Other than personally identifiable information, which is
(including, without limitation, any data, questions, comments and
suggestions) that you transmit to, or post on any public area of
this website (including, without limitation, chat rooms, forma,
bulletin boards if available), will be treated as non-confidential
and non-proprietary information unless otherwise stated by
Starfish. Starfish reserves the right to remove, without
notice, any material posted in any public area of this
15. If you sign up to become a regular donor online you have
the right to cancel at any time.
If you purchase goods from Starfish's online shop, you have the
right to cancel within 14 days from the day you place the order. If
goods are posted to you pursuant to an online purchase and you wish
to cancel the order, Starfish will wait for the goods to be
returned before reimbursing the payment, subject at all times to
such goods being in the same order and condition as they were in
when posted to you.
16. Starfish does not guarantee the security of online
17. Any loss incurred or sustained by you when transmitting
information via this website shall be borne solely and exclusively
by you and in no event shall any such loss in whole or in part be
borne by Starfish.
User rights and intellectual property rights
18. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and all other
intellectual property rights in all material on this website are
held by or licensed to Starfish and/or Starfish's content and
technology providers. All rights in texts, images and
materials appearing in this website are reserved.
19. You may read and download materials (in their entirety)
for personal use only, on condition that you comply with the
Terms. You may not alter any material, repost or sell it
without permission. Commercial use or publication of all or any
material displayed and any use of the Starfish logo, without prior
written permission from Starfish, is strictly
20. Permission for the use of any materials on this website
can be requested from email@example.com.
21. Access to this website is permitted on a temporary basis,
and Starfish reserves the right
to withdraw or amend the service without notice. Starfish
will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at
any time or for any period.
22. Starfish expressly reserves the right, in its sole and
absolute discretion, to terminate, suspend or alter the content of
this website and to amend the Terms at any time. Your
continued use of this website after alteration of the Terms
constitutes acceptance of the modified terms.
23. You may link to this website, provided you do so in a way
that is fair and legal and does not damage Starfish's reputation or
take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a
way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement
on Starfish's part where none exists.
24. You must not establish a link from any website that is not
owned by you. Starfish reserves the right to withdraw linking
permission without notice. The website from which you are
linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set
out in 'Acceptable use' above.
25. If you wish to make use of any material on this website
other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
26. Starfish uses, stores and processes information about you
website, you consent to such use, storage and processing.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
27. Terms and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim
of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the
Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the
laws of England and Wales. Any disputes relating to the Terms shall
be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England
28. If any provision of the Terms is or becomes invalid,
illegal or unenforceable in any respect under the law of any
jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceability under the
law of that jurisdiction of any other provision, and the validity,
legality and enforceability under the law of any other jurisdiction
of that or any other provision, shall not be affected or impaired
in any way thereby.
How to contact Starfish
29. We welcome your views about our website and our privacy
policy. If you would like to contact us with any queries or
comments, please send an email to email@example.com
or write to Starfish, 2 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7QP.